Saturday, August 23, 2008

Words of Inspiration - Step outside your comfort zone


I used to have a comfort zone
Where I knew I couldn't fail
The same four walls of busy work
Were really more like jail

I longed so much to do the things
I'd never done before,
But I stayed inside my comfort zone
And paced the same old floor

I claimed to be so busy
With things inside my zone,
But deep inside I longed for
Something special of my own.

I couldn't let my life go by,
Just watching others win.
I held my breath and stepped outside
And let the change begin.

I took a step and with new strength
I'd never felt before,
I kissed my comfort zone 'goodbye'
And closed and locked the door.

If you are in a comfort zone,
Afraid to venture out,
Remember that all the winners were 
At one time filled with doubt.

A step or two and words of praise,
Can make your dreams come true.
Greet your future with a smile,
Success is there for you!


Author Unknown


"Experience is not what happens to a man; It is what a man
does with what happens to him"   -  Aldous Huxley.

Take care

Steven  :-))

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your thoughts. Positive thinking and self-acceptance is what I am all about. I try through my own life's experiences and challenges to share positive inspirations and strategies to women all over the world. It is so nice to see another human reaching out to make our world a better and more positive place for us and our future families!
Have a very positive day!
DorothyL
www.womensselfesteem.com