Monday, September 8, 2008

Words of Inspiration - I CHOOSE to be grateful

I CHOOSE to be grateful for.......

Too many e-mails, because it means I have friends thinking of me.

The large pile of laundry & ironing, because it means I have clothes to wear.

For my large heating bill, because it means I am warm.

For the alarm that goes off in the early hours, because it means I am alive.

For the lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning & gutters that need fixing, because it means I have a home.

For the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I have enough to eat.

My shadow that watches me work, because it means I am out in the sunshine.

For the lady behind me singing loudly out of tune in church, because it means I can hear.

Getting a parking spot at the far end of the carpark, because it means I am capable of walking & have a car.

For the wife who says its my turn to cook tonight, because she is home with me.

For the husband who is on the sofa being a couch potato, because he is home & not out drinking.

For the teenagers who are complaining about doing the dishes, because it means they are at home & not on the streets.

For the taxes I pay, because it means I have a job.

For the mess to clean up after a party, because it means I have been surrounded by friends.

For all the unsung heros who, without any thought of receiving anything in return, do something special for one who needs help.

For the strangers I pass in the street who share a passing smile. It only takes a moment but can change a persons day.

Share a smile, brighten up some-ones day, you will feel that much better as well.

Take care

Smiley Steve,         ^  ^
                                                    \__/

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Samuel Goh Kim Eng said...

We can turn things negative into positive
The moment we learn to be truly constructive
As long as we're on the right directive
We'll stay away from things deemed offensive

(C) Samuel Goh Kim Eng - 080908
http://MotivationInMotion.blogspot.com
Mon. 8th Sept. 2008.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS POST! Every day I try to live my life just as you described in your post! It's the best way to approach things, I love it.. absolutely love it :)
You just brightened up my evening with this piece of writing :)
Thank you, and take care!

Ingrid